The incumbent is responsible for administrative support activities for the Operations group. Responsible for scheduling and balancing daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Log and resolve first level Help Desk support calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Process and deliver daily, nightly, monthly and yearly reports.
2. File all control totals for backup. Report any system problems to appropriate IS staff.
3. Manage forms inventory for IS department and other remote locations.
4. Backup security person for Host, ERP and CPS systems.
5. Maintain purchase orders for other IS department spending.
6. Responsible for producing various types of patron payments and mailings.
7. Maintain Host natural gas meter reading system.
8. Assist users with Marketing system issues.
9. Monitor system lock in ERP and CPS systems.
10. Complete and tabulate weekly time report.
11. Work with users to resolve first level problems on Help Desk
12. Log problems and resolutions into Help Desk problem tracking system.
13. Escalate problems and resolutions into Help Desk problem tracking system.
14. Escalate problems to other IT staff when necessary.
15. Notify users when production systems are scheduled to be down.
16. Rotate weekend on-call during harvest season.
17. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Two year degree from college or technical school and two years of related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Regular contacts within the department and with other departments as needed.
Occasional contacts with vendors as needed.
USE OF EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, various associated software programs and standard office equipment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to utilize both internal and external resources to obtain information and data necessary to carry out routine assignments and special projects. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme cold; extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.