The refining of edible oil includes the movement of oil, controlling process conditions, analyzing process samples, and coordinating with upstream and downstream processing steps. The acidulation of soapstock includes the reaction of acid and soapstock, pumping of materials, and sampling and testing of the product. Both require some light maintenance. The incumbent is responsible for operating these systems to provide a high quality product in a safe, sanitary and cost effective manner with acceptable product yields.
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, flow rate, and temperature conversions.
4. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
5. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
6. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
7. Be able to withstand variable outside conditions of heat and cold